Mala lovers don't miss! Try clay pot style rice served with spicy Tyson Mala Fried Chicken.
Mala Fried Chicken with Clay Pot Style Rice
400 gm Mala Fried Chicken 400g
2 cups (rinsed thoroughly) Rice (Jasmine or any long grain)
1 Tbl (Finely Minced) Garlic
2 Tbl (Finely Minced) Shallot
1 Tsp (Finely Minced) Ginger
2 Tbl Vegetable Oil
2 Tbl Toasted Sesame Oil
0.5 cups (Diced) Chinese Sausage
0.5 cups (Diced) Shiitake Mushroom (dry and rehydrated or fresh)
1 Tbl Goji Berries
3 cups Xiaoxing Cooking Wine / Dry Sherry
1 cup White Pepper
0.5 cups (Thinly Sliced) Spring Onion
0.5 Tbl Sugar
0.5 Tbl Soy Sauce
4 cups Chicken Stock / Water
How to Cook
- Cook Tyson Mala Fried Chicken as per instructions
- In a large sauce pot heat sesame oil and vegetable oil over medium-low heat
- Add in ginger, garlic, and shallots and stir fry for 2min or until translucent
- Add in sausage, mushroom and spring onions. Stir Fry for 3min or until sausage starts to color and renders fat.
- Add in cooking wine, soy, sugar, and goji berries. Stir fry for 1 min
- Add in rice and stir constantly for 1 min or until thoroughly mixed
- Option 1: Transfer rice to a rice cooker, cover with stock/water and cook as normal
- Option 2: Increase heat to high and add stock/water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cover tightly with foil/towel and lid and cook for 15. Remove from heat and let stand covered for 10min.
- Portion the rice onto individual plates or family style platter, place Mala Wings around rice. Garnish with extra spring onion.
- Serve and enjoy!